Who does not enjoy a quality cocktail every now and again, especially when it’s light, delicious and easy to make. Gin Tonic is an old classic drink and one of my favorite.
As I have already told you in few of my last post that the scorching heat of summer is too much for me to handle and particularly when you have guest over your place. I love socializing with my friends on one condition if I don’t have to keep standing in kitchen in heat. So yesterday, when we had few friends over our place, I welcome them with this classic drink with a twist.
Which I made before hand in a big batch because the older the better it became as the flavors were given more time to marry.Though gin tonic itself is very tasty drink but with a hint of cucumber and mint it just became heavenly and refreshing, after all who does not love a dash of refreshment in summers.
Cucumber Gin Tonic
- 1.5 oz (or 45 ml) gin
- 4-6 cucumber slices
- 1/4 lemon, sliced
- 4 oz (or 120 ml) tonic water
- 6 mint leaves
- 1 Tbsp sugar (optional)
- few cucumber ribbon and slice for garnish
- Add mint, lemon ,gin, sugar (if using) to shaker and muddle.
- Add cucumber slices to shaker and shake vigorously.
- Strain mixture over glass filled with ice and cucumber ribbon and top with tonic water.
- Stir, let set for a few minutes for the flavors to enhance and enjoy.