My taste buds were craving for something sweet and tangy from a long time and what could be a great occasion to enjoy those amazing flavours than a Sunday dinner. I had zero patience while tasting this dish, when it came out of the oven, it was looking so mouth watering.
Though this delicious wings took an hour or so in the oven to get nice juicy and sticky. Where as the brief time it takes for your oven to preheat, your chicken can be prepared and smothered with the magic sauce, a mixture of honey, soy sauce, ketchup, garlic and oil, Isn’t it amazing??
Once its cooked, don’t be afraid of the bubbly sauce around your chicken wings, it will fall back soon once you bring it out from the hot environment of oven.
Honey-Soy Chicken Wings
Prep time: 10 mins Cooking time: 1 hour Servers: 3
- 9 chicken wings or 6 thighs (whatever your prefer, choice is yours)
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup honey
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 170ºC.
- If using wings: wash and dry, cut off wing tips and place on a rimmed baking try and season lightly with salt (as soy is salty) and pepper to taste.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over chicken. Toss chicken (with your hands,if you don’t mind, or with tongs) and then arrange skin-side down in the baking pan.
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove pan, turn chicken over, and return to the oven for another 30 minutes,and that it. It’s Done.