I LOVE Burgers! This Italian style burger with chicken and red pesto is an easy yet elegant 20 minutes meal. Red pesto gives an amazing tangy taste to the burger and the juicy succulent chicken inside and crispy crunchy outside just enhance the taste to top level. If you are a fan of KFC or McDonald’s burger, than i bet you gonna go crazy over this one.
- 1 chicken breast
- 2 burger buns
- 3 tablespoon red pesto (for marination)
- 1 tomato
- mozzarella cheese
- 2 or 3 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Bread crumbs.
- Olive oil
– Clean the chicken breast, hard pat it to flatten them a bit, so that they cook equally. Now apply red pesto generously on it and covered it on both side, and than coat it in bread crumbs. Heat the skillet, add olive oil and than cook chicken for few minutes on medium heat. Remember you don’t want to burn it from outside before it gets cooked completely, so use low to medium heat.
– In the mean time while your chicken is cooking, lets start assembling the burger. Cut the burger bun in horizontally like you get 2 disc shape. Apply mayonnaise to the inner side of both the pieces. Than cut the circular pieces of tomato on one side followed by the lettuce and grated or sliced mozzarella cheese.
– Once the chicken is done, cut it into halves and place the chicken pieces on the cheese and close the burger by other side of the bun. If you like you can grill it or eat it like that.
– Mix some mayonnaise and red pesto to make a dip to go with these amazing chicken burgers.