This is an amazingly delicious pasta with chicken and veggies for a weekend night and i’m sure your family will love it. Its has a mouth watering but a bit spicy taste because of cajun spice. Now to the people who are not acquainted with this spice, please don’t worry at all. This spice is easily available in grocery stores nowadays. But if by any chance you don’t find it, you can make it your own at home (Cajun Spice Recipe Below).
Now lets, start with the recipe: First, the homemade Cajun Spice. The below picture i took from pinterest for you all to know what all ingredient you need to make the spice. I bought mine from a spice shop near my house.
Once, you got the spice, lets move to the other important ingredients.
– 1 pack of Pasta (Fettuccine, Spaghetti, Linguine etc)
– 2 chicken breast
– 1 red onion
– 1 bell pepper, red and yellow each (who does not love a little color in our food)
– 2 cloves garlic
– 2 cups Chicken broth
– 2 tablespoon olive oil
– 2 tablespoon butter
– 3 tablespoon cajun spice
– fresh parsley
– 1 cup heavy cream
– Start cutting the veggies in fine julienne (bell pepper and onion) and cut garlic very fine.
– Now, cut the chicken breast in cubes and than add cajun spice to the chicken and keep it aside to marinate for 5-10 minutes.
– Put olive oil and butter to the pan on medium heat and than add chicken cubes and cook them for few minutes. Oh too much carbs in the pan. i’m loving it.
– Keep water for boil in a pan with good amount of salt for later to your pasta to cook.
– Remove the cooked chicken from the pan and kept aside, mix cajun spice to veggies and add them to the same pan in which we cooked chicken. The pan already has oil and butter combination in it from the chicken still if required add more butter. Stir fry the veggies for 2-3 minutes.
– Now add chicken to the pan and let the veggies and chicken cook together for couple of minutes and than add chicken broth to it and let it cook and thicken it up to half of the liquid.
– Add pasta to the boiling salt water. Keep a check on it and cook it for the time mention on the pasta pack.
– Once the chicken broth liquid is reduce to half, lower the heat of your stove and add heavy cream. Keep stirring, and remember keep it on low heat, else the cream will separate.
– Cook it for 2 minutes and voila!! your pasta sauce is ready add it to your cooked and drain pasta.
– Now plate it and garnish it with fresh fine chopped parsley. (Oops!! I forgot to add parsley in mine).
Never mind, it still tasted yum.